System design complexity has reached tens of thousands of registers. HxS works at the register behaviour level of abstraction and reduces complexity.
HxS automatically generates documents for hardware and software teams, ensuring a reliable, up-to-date specification is always being used.
All teams functionally diverse and geographically separate remain perfectly synchronized, collaborative and productive.
HxS supports modern development environments like Eclipse, VS Code and even Cloud IDEs such as Theia or GitPod.
CI / CD
HxS fits into an agile development lifecycle supporting continuous integration and continuous delivery.
All aspects of an HxS interface design originate from a single source that can be easily managed using a version control system.
Benefit fromClean Interface Design
Reduce complexity and get a competitive advantage through engineering effectiveness.
- HxS comes with a domain-specific language that ensures clean register design
- Use a central description and generate multiple outputs needed by your project stakeholders
- Enhance collaboration of hardware and software teams
- Complexity causes problems and HxS is here to ban complexity
- Reduce design time and rework cycles
- Get an overview about the HxS language
Get feedback early in the design process and adjust your hardware / software interface until it meets expectations.
What's in it for FPGA and ASIC developers?
- You get readable VHDL code; verified and without magic
- AXI-Lite, Avalon and Wishbone busses are supported
- All variations of register types are supported
- Asynchronous registers
- HxS takes care of Clock Domain Crossing (CDC)
- Use select signals for additional multiplexing abilities
- Use user specified acknowledge signals (also asynchronous)
- IP-XACT descriptions are created for better integration into design tools
- HxS can also be derived from existing IP-XACT descriptions
- Generated code is ready to use on your target hardware
What do embedded software developers get?
- Get a software layer ready to access registers
- No time consuming bit twiddling hacks
- C/C++, Python3 and Rust are supported
- Baremetal and embedded Linux is supported
- You get readable code without magic
- Gain experience and re-adjust interface
Have your Documentation Always up to date
Whenever you change your register interface, HxS will build your docs so your code and documentation are never out of sync.
- Have your register interface documented from the beginning of a design
- Changes are reflected as they appear in the design
- PDF, Word, ReStructured Text and HTML are supported
- Web-based live documentation
- Combine generated and manually created documentation
- Use existing styles for your documentation
Use ModernDevelopment Environments
HxS integrates into most widely used integrated development environments.
- HxS Plugin for Eclipse (Updatesite)
- HxS Extension for VS Code
- HxS Extension for GitPod and Eclipse Theia (browser-based)
- Windows and Linux environments are supported
Our IDE plugins come with a range of features such as:
- Syntax coloring
- Auto indentation and formatting
- Keyword completion
- Inline documentation and help
Version Control and Automation
HxS fits into an agile development lifecycle supporting Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).